The Cluster Excellence Improvement through cluster Exchange for Industry 5.0 (AgriFoodX5.0) project is aimed at strengthening the collaboration and the exchange of best practices and knowledge between clusters to enhance their management capacities and guarantee excellence services to their members.
Moreover, it seeks to offer to the clusters’ SMEs a programme of services based on excellence to move towards the Industry 5.0 concept in the food sector, by incorporating Industry 5.0 values (a human-centric approach for digital technologies, up-skilling and re-skilling European workers, particularly in digital skills, resource-efficient and sustainable industries and transition to a circular economy).
The activities of AgriFoodX5.0 targeting companies will include the organisation of a hackathon, matchmaking events, and the promotion of the ClusterXChange scheme, which supports the organisation of short-term stays abroad to learn from other organisations, explore growth opportunities in new markets or adopt new technologies, digitalisation, and green low-carbon solutions. An exchange can last from three working days to one month.
AgriFoodX5.0 is a European project funded by the “European Cluster Excellence Programme with ClusterXchange scheme”, part of the COSME programme. The Galicia Food and Drink Cluster (Clusaga) is one of the partners of AgriFoodX5.0, in which will be collaborating with other four organisations: Lithuanian Innovation Centre (LIC, project coordinator), Lithuanian Food Exporters Association (LitMEA), Associação do Cluster Agro-Industrial do Centro (Inovcluster), Latvian Food Products Quality Cluster (FPQC).
Objectives and activities of AgriFoodX5.0
The specific objectives of AgriFoodX5.0 include:
- Develop and implement a strategy and a portfolio of services for the cluster members
- Enhance the skills of the clusters management teams towards clusters management excellence
- Implement joint activities to strengthen cluster collaboration amongst the participant clusters
- To implement joint activities (hackathon, matchmaking events) to promote the SME’s uptake of innovation, digitalisation and circular economy
- To facilitate short-term exchanges of clusters members in other European organisations