Business Factory Food (BFFood) is the accelerator of the food sector of Galicia. Its purpose is to implement support programs for entrepreneurship and consolidation of specialized projects in the food sector and their transformation into innovative, viable and scalable companies.
- Accelerate and consolidate new companies that provide innovative solutions to the market
- Strengthen the business and industrial fabric of the Galician sector
- Attract national and international talent
BFFood was born to solve the challenges posed by companies in the sector. For this, it launches different calls, each of them with specific challenges to which the candidate projects must respond.
For the participating projects, BFFood has two specific support programs: acceleration -focused on entrepreneurial initiatives in its initial phase- and consolidation -directed to already established companies with a defined product or service and first sales already made-.
Through its two support modalities, acceleration and consolidation, BFFood has the capacity to cover the different stages of evolution of any entrepreneurship project, from the earliest phases of ideation to the most mature ones, where it is about consolidating a business model that produces recurring sales.
Resources available to participating projects
- Mentoring. Each of the projects will have a specific mentor belonging to one of the BFFood tractors, with a career and experience in the specific field of the project.
- Training. Each participant will have access to a general and specific training program adapted to their needs in order to acquire the necessary knowledge to launch and consolidate their project.
- Networking. Among the projects and the different institutions, companies and entities of the food sector to favor the creation of bridges and communication channels that increase the visibility of the initiatives.
- Access to a catalog of infrastructures, media and technical services. It will be made available to participants both by companies and collaborating entities.
- Facilities and workspace. The projects may be installed in any of the facilities made available by the collaborating entities. They will also have a work space with meeting rooms and a coworking area in Santiago de Compostela.
- Possibility of specific financing. The projects will have financial support through GAIN (non-repayable) and XESGALICIA (through participative loan).
Consortium of BFFood
It is an initiative promoted by the Xunta de Galicia through the Galician Institute of Economic Promotion (IGAPE), the Management Company of Entities of Investment of Closed Type (XESGALICIA) and of the Galician Innovation Inheritance (GAIN). The accelerator has the dynamisation, management and coordination of the Galician Food Cluster (Clusaga) and with the support of large tractor companies in the sector and with the collaboration of technology centers, business associations and other entities.