Food-scalEUp - Expanding the European digital agri-food acceleration ecosystem is a collaborative European project funded by the European Innovation Ecosystems call of the Horizon Europe programme. The project will be ongoing from September 2022 to August 2024.
The project long-term vision is to foster the capacity of European regional agri-food digital innovation ecosystems, especially in “emerging” and “moderate” innovator regions, to be more:
- Connected among their regional stakeholders but also with other European regional ecosystems; thus, advancing towards a European acceleration ecosystem.
- Effective, by fostering the successful scaling-up of technology start-ups and SMEs.
- Impactful, in terms of fostering the digital and green transition of the food industry.
- Resilient; thus, still effective under crisis and highly changing conditions.
- Internationally recognised by and attractive for companies from other countries.
Objectives of Food-scalEUp
The general objectives of Food_scalEUp project include:
- Develop higher quality business acceleration services in agri-food digital innovation ecosystems of emerging and moderate innovator regions;
- Expand the connections, knowledge exchange, collaboration at regional, European and international level, between key people representing the different actors of the agri-food digital innovation ecosystems involved in the project; and
- Balance the scaling-up of start-ups and SMEs and the creation of local high-value added jobs in the European regions involved in the project, by balancing the capacity of agri-food digital innovation and acceleration ecosystems in those regions.
The project is coordinated by Clusaga and involves in total 10 organisations covering 11 regions in 5 countries. Partners are: Agrifood Capital BV; Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovacion de Navarra SL; Kozep-Dunantuli Regionalis Innovacios Ugynokseg Nonprofit KFT; Food-Processing Initiative E. V; Stichting Food Valley ; Pole Europeen Innovation Alimentation Bien-Etre Naturalite; Association du Pole de Competivite Valorial; Technopole Quimper Cornouaille; and Normandie Incubation.