Innovation in personalized Nutrition through cooperation in the Silver economy (INCluSilver) project aims to support collaboration between key stakeholders in different sectors, particularly companies, that facilitate the development of innovative ideas in the field of personalized nutrition for the senior population. To achieve this, this project involves five key industries: functional nutrition, personalized medicine, mobile services, mobility and creativity.
Inclusilver is managed by a consortium of clusters, research centers and universities from different European regions. This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation program between 2017 and 2020.
The project will address seven challenges -that are: functional and nutrigenomic feeding; e-health; health policies and systems; determinants of diet and physical activity; diet and food production; information and social networks; logistics, design and packaging solutions and health policies and systems- and will promote the cooperation of the different innovation actors, creating the appropriate conditions to promote innovation and reinforcing the competitiveness of participating SMEs.
Among the main benefits for participating SMEs are the possibility of obtaining financial support (innovation checks) and technical support (through support services) to increase their capacity for innovation. In addition to individualized advice, advanced training activities and a collaborative virtual environment to support open innovation.
Innovation Support Services (ISS)
- Branding & PR: Assistance and online guidelines on brand and public relations issues.
- Business Model: Assessing business models and business plans and recommendation for improvement.
- Fundraising/ Access to Finance & Pitching Investors: Support acquisition of access to funding and other fundraising opportunities.
- Internationalisation: Assessing opportunities for internationalisation and recommendations. Identifying the most suitable markets, trade missions and exhibitions.
- Incubation / Co-location: Assessing opportunities for incubation and redirection to the right incubation programme