Smart sensor systems for food safety, quality control and resource efficiency in the food processing industry (S3FOOD) aims to facilitate the digitization of the food processing industry by promoting the incorporation of smart sensors in its production processes, the generation of digital data and its further treatment and exploitation through the use of big data. All this to improve quality control, resource efficiency and complete traceability of the food production process.
The project establishes a wide intersectoral community in which companies from the agri-food sector, technology providers 4.0 and machinery producers participate, which allow the creation of new cross-border industrial value chains.
S3FOOD is financed by the H2020-INNOSUP Program of the European Union.
Phases of the S3Food project
- Phase one. Define the specific needs of the sector and identify the innovative technological offer existing in the 12 participating regions that can provide a solution to those needs.
- Phase two. Creation of an intersectoral and cross-border network that facilitates the search for common interests and promotes the cooperation of companies and partners.
- Phase three. Establish shared support services so that SMEs have the information and capacities necessary to successfully execute the structured innovation projects that are financed.
- Phase four. Guide food processing SMEs to make the leap to Industry 4.0, through early selection of project ideas and direct advice to them.
- Phase five. Promote and finance the development of large-scale collective innovation projects and specific investment projects to create new value chains in the food processing industry.
The incorporation of smart sensors in the digitization of the industry allows improving efficiency and quality, achieving a sustainable production and product, and improving food safety.
What does S3Food offer?
To achieve this goal, S3Food has launched a series of specialized services to small and medium European companies:
- Ask@service: For any question related to your digitalization process you can contact more than 200 experts from all over Europe.
- Coaching: A highly specialized and personalized service, focused on helping and accompanying the industry in its digitization projects
- Vouchers: Companies can receive up to 60,000 euros to implement their sensorization projects.
Additionally S3Food provides other tools to facilitate the digitalization of the food processing industry:
- Training: A set of learning materials that provides practical and visual information on the application of digital solutions in the food sector.
- Matchmaking: S3FOOD organizes and funds the attendance to two meetings with the aim of promoting innovative projects.
- Interactive Map: A visual tool by thematic priority of suppliers, skills and technologies available in each of the S3FOOD regions.