The international cooperation between clusters in different countries is carried out with the aim of strengthening the bonds of local companies with international knowledge and innovation nodes, and of increasing SMEs participation in collaborative projects and processes of innovation at transnational level. That way, opportunities, which are not achievable for individual SMEs, may be created, boosting their competitive improvement and internationalisation.
The Galician Food Cluster states in its strategic agenda the objective of boosting participation in international R&D projects, while increasing and improving the visibility of international partners and the cluster itself. In order to achieve this, the CLUSAGA creates the European Projects Unit, which carries out the following actions:
- Monitoring the R&D European Policy in areas related to the cluster.
- Defining the profile of the cluster and the members identified to increase its visibility.
- Identifying more suitable calls for the cluster and its associates.
- Preparing and managing R&D international projects.
- Searching partners for submitting project proposals.
- Participating in international events and collaboration networks.
- Establishing a network of contacts with potential partners.