The Net4Food project aims to establish a network of food excellence in the Galicia-North Portugal Euroregion, promoting innovation and sustainability in the food sector. The network aligns with the creation of the Iberian FoodTec Lab, an international reference laboratory in the food sector within the European Union.
The project's objectives include strengthening scientific and innovative capacities in the sector, aligning research challenges with an Innovation and Research Agenda, promoting innovative actions and knowledge transfer to the market through measures such as Open Innovation Banks and Good Practices Bank.
To achieve these objectives, various activities will be carried out, including the analysis and systematization of innovative knowledge, establishing a robust operating structure to ensure continuity, facilitating interconnection among R&D&I food agents, boosting innovative capabilities of the research ecosystem through training and interaction with the business sector, and managing the project holistically.
Net4Food is a European project funded by Interreg POCTEP, in which the Galicia Food Cluster (Clusaga) participates as a partner. The partnership, coordinated by the Instituto Politécnico de Bragança, also consists of 7 organizations from the Galicia-North Portugal Euroregion, including the Universidade de Vigo and the Laboratorio Ibérico Internacional de Nanotecnología, as well as the food cluster Portugal Foods, and the collaborative laboratories MORE and Aqua Valor.
Objectives and Activities of Net4Food
The specific objectives include:
- Establishing a basic operating structure to ensure the long-term viability of the project.
- Articulating new transfer processes among R&D&I food agents in the Euroregion to generate synergies and new products.
- Boosting the innovative capabilities of the research ecosystem through training and connections with the business sector.
- Implementing a holistic management system to ensure the success of project activities.
- Involving sector agents and showcasing their generated actions and tools.
- Positioning the ecosystem and its agents at the international level and expanding its reach to new groups.