Galicia Food & Drink
We analyse markets, to anticipate trends and to establish market positioning priorities and strategies
The food industry is one of the strategic sectors in Galicia, both due to its dimension, and its economic and social significance. In this area, the Galicia Food & Drink (Clusaga) articulates an organised structure of the Galician food industry, in a broad sense, integrating businesses, as well as innovation and research bodies and other organisations, in cooperation processes, making it possible to reap benefits from the implementation of actions and collaborative projects and reaching a critical mass, strengthening the international competitiveness and visibility of the sector.
The leadership of the Galician Food Cluster is based on transforming visions and plans into actions, finding the means and energy to develop new ideas, with the sophistication of business strategies, and creating practical solutions taking advantage of opportunities to address the challenge of improving the competitive position of its partners, with the consequent increase in profitability in a sustainable way.
Excellence in food and beverages
The role of Clusaga is therefore to observe the big picture, to analyse markets, to anticipate trends and to establish market positioning priorities and strategies; to encourage cooperation through agreements, networks and business partnerships between companies and joint projects with other agents. In addition to building the intangible value of a brand, associated with Galicia, which is recognised and valued worldwide as a synonym for excellence in food and beverages.
Four finalist objectives and a fifth instrument are defined to enhance cooperation dynamics, parallel to competition, among all agents in the value chain.
- Incorporate the cluster companies into the innovation and digitization strategy.
- Strengthen the adaptability and market positioning of the cluster companies.
- Incorporate the cluster companies into the circular economy and bioeconomy strategy to favor the transition to a more sustainable sector.
- Promote the development of new sustainable processes and products and healthy, safe foods and promote more responsible consumption.
- Consolidate the leadership of the cluster in the food sector.
The Galician Food Cluster (Clusaga) is a key tool for improving the competitiveness of enterprises.
The Galician Food Cluster (Clusaga) is a key tool for improving the competitiveness of enterprises. The weaknesses of the industry and the threats it faces, due to the changes in the environment, make it necessary to establish a joint action of the various agents in order to better face the necessary actions under the leadership of Clusaga as a binding agent of the Galician food industry.
Thus, by developing and applying a vision, grouping the resources and skills of the main agents of the value chain of food and beverages, working more effectively on a common goal, according to a strategic plan, and establishing the joint bases, taking advantage of the potential of the sector, the Galician Food Cluster can achieve a significant growth in a sustainable way.
The Strategic Plan 2021-2025 includes five strategic objectives including: incorporate the cluster companies into the innovation and digitization strategy; strengthen the adaptability and market positioning of the cluster companies; incorporate the cluster companies into the circular economy and bioeconomy strategy to favor the transition to a more sustainable sector; promote the development of new sustainable processes and products and healthy, safe foods and promote more responsible consumption; consolidate the leadership of the cluster in the food sector.
These objectives will be achieved through the implementation of the Strategic Plan, developing measures and planned actions, aligned with sectoral strategies at regional, national and European level, creating a carry-over effect on the different action areas of the Galician food industry.
Defines five lines of action, hierarchised in three articulating axes (1, 2 and 3), a transverse axe (4) and an instrumental axe (5)
- Line 1. Promotion of R + D + i and incorporation of companies to the innovation strategy
- Line 2. Markets and internationalization; adaptation to changes in consumption and promotion of new models and marketing channels
- Line 3. Promotion of sustainability and incorporation of companies into the circular economy and the bioeconomy
- Line 4. Digital transformation and industry 4.0, recruitment and training of talent and entrepreneurship
- Line 5. Reinforcement and projection of Clusaga